Silver jewellery care
We all want our silver jewellery to stay as sparkly as when we first opened the box. The compliments you receive when wearing it make you feel great and you often find yourself admiring your beautiful Silver necklace, earrings, ring or bracelet in the mirror! And guess what, we want it to stay that way for you! SO, here at Silverbrooks HQ we have come up with a few tips to help it stay that way!
So, just like any new item, the shine and polish of your piece of jewellery can dull and fade. But it will happen much faster when it comes into contact with agents such as perfume, salty air, sulphur, skin creams, hairspray, chlorine and acidic skin ph. The amount of tarnishing (oxidation) that occurs is dependent on the skin and care habits of the wearer.
So, in order to care for Silverbrooks products, we recommend;
1) that your jewellery is the last item to put on once you have applied all your perfumes and creams
2) do not wear your jewellery whilst bathing / swimming
3) do not wear whilst in bed or during sporting activities
4) we strongly advise against exposing the jewellery to harsh chemicals, including ammonia, bleach, chlorine and salt water
4) keep your silver jewellery stored away from natural sunlight and heat
6) moisture can lead to tarnish and corrosion on silver jewellery. Slip a silica gel packet in your silver jewellery box to keep those items tarnish free and looking great ( Silverbrooks provide one with all silver items)
And lastly we also recommend using a polishing cloth regularly to prevent the natural process of tarnishing. Clean your jewellery first using lukewarm soapy water and a soft brush (baby toothbrush works well!) and then use your polishing cloth, but ensure that your jewellery is never submerged.
We offer a special silver polishing cloth to help protect your valuable silver. Click here for more details.
And there it is: as good as new! Enjoy all your compliments from your beautiful jewellery!!